Translate

Sunday 30 November 2014

Around the world in 80 months

A new year, a new job, a new continent...
Sounds like I've read that somewhere before. Now I'm going full circle. Starting at the West coast of the USA, in San Francisco, pretty much exactly 80 months ago, I embarked on a journey to Oxfordshire, UK, on to Canton Geneve, Suisse, then to 宮城県、日本。Starting in January 2015 I will be joining the staff of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. I am particularly pleased by the fact that I am cast as a physicist, not a particle physicist. Of course, I will stay involved in particle physics, but the lab has many interesting projects that I hope to contribute to. I look forward to proving that the training of a particle physicist enables one to have a positive impact on a variety of other subjects as well.  At the same time, I am confident that I can take advantage of the diverse capabilities at the lab for my research in particle physics, in particular for building an ILC detector that can deliver on the promise of precision physics in the Higgs and electroweak sector.

Now I will have to change my tag line. I have graduated from my journeyman days.

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats very wonderful I actually have detected a replacement app how to get spotify premium free apk
    this app is nice and that i have started viewing it.Thanks for the assistance and suggesting the matter i'll travel with it.Keep business and writing new article.

    ReplyDelete